The first two steps in increasing your energy are eating right and sleeping well. The next step may be the hardest one to really understand, but it might just be the most important.
It may seem counter intuitive, but researchers say expending energy by engaging in regular exercise may pay off with increased energy in the long run.
“A lot of times when people are fatigued, the last thing they want to do is exercise,” says researcher Patrick O’Connor, PhD, in a news release. “But if you’re physically inactive and fatigued, being just a bit more active will help,” says O’Connor, co-director of the University of Georgia exercise psychology laboratory, in Athens, Ga.
Researchers at the University of Georgia found that sedentary, otherwise healthy adults who engaged in as little as 20 minutes of low-to-moderate aerobic exercise, three days a week for six consecutive weeks, reported feeling less fatigued and more energized.
Sedentary people who regularly complain of fatigue can increase their energy levels by 20 percent and decrease their fatigue by 65 percent by engaging in regular, low intensity exercise.
“Too often we believe that a quick workout will leave us worn out – especially when we are already feeling fatigued,” said researcher Tim Puetz, who recently completed his doctorate at UGA and is the lead author of the study. “However, we have shown that regular exercise can actually go a long way in increasing feelings of energy – particularly in sedentary individuals.”
For those who already serious about exercising regularly or want to compete in a sport, the key to peak performance is hydration and repair. Read below about two products your body will LOVE!
Easy ways to increase physical activity
If you have been sedentary, here are some ways to get yourself moving:
- Before you get out of bed in the morning: lift your head off your pillow while tightening your inner core, hold to the count of 10. Do it 5 times to start and build up from there. Now lift each leg while tightening your inner core. Then roll over on your stomach and raise your upper and lower body at the same time while (guess what?) tightening your inner core. Soon you will be able to sit up in bed rather than roll out of bed!
- After you’re out of bed, take 3 minutes to stretch. Then, make your bed and you will be following the advice of former Navy Seal Admiral William H. McRaven’s who said, “Life Lesson #1 Make your bed.” Small things matter. It’s a discipline.
- When you brush your teeth, instead of standing in front of the sink, get your toothbrush going and your feet going at the same time. It isn’t hard to brush your teeth for 2-3 minutes while you walk down the hall, upstairs or in circles around your dining room table! Take every opportunity you have to keep moving.
- Have a Shaklee Life Energizing Shake for breakfast, lunch or dinner and make it a physical activity. Put milk and your Shake Mix in your shaker along with two cubes of ice. Start walking around and shake, shake (alternating arms) until the ice cubes are totally gone. Your shake will be ready and it will be cold!
Your body loves it when you exercise. Your body REALLY loves it when you exercise and provide your body with the necessary support when you workout! Here’s the perfect solution for the athlete inside you!
Shaklee Physique with BIO-BUILD®, a unique blend of protein and carbohydrate sources, has been clinically proven to naturally activate and enhance the body’s recover process after exercise.
The intelligent-release protein blend and unique protein-to-carb ratio:
- Allow your body to absorb a full spectrum of amino acids over time
- Help build firm, lean muscles
- Help restore muscle energy
- Support muscle repair
Physique contains the right amount of protein and carbohydrates to help you recover faster and optimize muscle rebuilding.
Natural banana flavor. No artificial flavors, sweeteners or added preservatives.
Shaklee Life Energizing Shake
Choose flavor. Delicious non-GMO protein shake with pre- and probiotics, omega3. Meal replacement shake for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Retain and build lean muscle. More energy….thus the name!
Shaklee Sports Nutrition
Physique, Performance, Energy Chews. All natural. Helps you perform at your best. Workout. Repair. Rebuild. Stay hydrated. Do it again! Feel stronger!
Don’t forget – everyone needs to get their heart pumping at least 3 times a week, too. Brisk walks, aerobic exercises, high-intensity exercising. There is an exercise plan that will meet your physical need and ability, your time schedule and your health goals.
Step 1 Eating right is important.
Step 2 Sleeping well is essential.
Step 3 Exercise is crucial to having more energy.
Our vision? To hear you say, “WOW! I feel great!” You can do it!!!