Do you poop out at parties?
Lucy made us all laugh as the Vitameatavegamin Girl. You can’t watch it without laughing out loud. The amazing thing was that the “commercial” Lucy was doing focused on a topic that apparently was a topic of the day… fatigue.
Lack of energy is still an issue in today’s world. Everyday 2.2 million Americans complain of being tired. Most people chalk that up to having to many plates spinning, too many demands at work, and not enough time in a day. If we really analyze the issues, the real culprits are our everyday habits.
Read our 4 steps to more energy and you’ll have the information and tools you need to improve your level of energy.More energy means you will have more time to spend with your family, better focus to work smarter, and more excitement about the future.
Let’s get started with Step 1.
Step 1 – Eat right
What you eat is your body’s energy source. No matter who you are, you require food to live. Food is what your body burns to make energy. Simple? Yes, but debates rage on exactly how that works. Here’s what we believe:
All calories are NOT created equal.
Do you really think that an order of McDonald French Fries that is 380 calories is really going to provide you with the same energy as the same amount of calories that are contained in, let’s say, a bowl of spinach with some apple and walnuts added?
Body weight comes from calories, so when you eat or drink something with zero calories, you gain zero weight. Right?
Wrong. Shockingly wrong. In fact, with the exception of water, any zero-calorie food or beverage you consume can lead not to weight loss, but to weight gain.
How can this be? Our bodies are complicated and finely tuned instruments, and explaining how they work is no simpler than explaining Google’s algorithm. So the calories in/calories out view of weight loss misses a lot of the nuance. In fact, according to some crack researchers at Eat This, Not That!, zero-calorie (ZC) foods cause us to gain weight in several ways:
- ZC foods dampen your natural fat burners. The body burns a lot of calories trying to turn a pat of butter into a pat of you. But highly processed foods—which is what most zero-calorie foods are—come so highly processed that they’re basically digested for you, so they don’t keep the body’s natural fat-burners firing.
- ZC foods cause inflammation—and that causes weight gain. Introduce a bunch of chemicals into your digestive tract and you’re basically introducing an irritant. That can interfere with the body’s ability to absorb nutrients in food, and it calls the digestive system’s natural defenses into play, creating inflammation. Inflammation causes our fat genes to “turn on,” increasing belly fat.
- ZC foods mess up our ability to regulate what we eat. Here’s why: When you swallow that diet soda, the sweet taste makes your body anticipate the arrival of calories. And when the calories don’t show up, your body gets confused, and triggers your hunger response, sending you looking high and low for those missing calories—and often finding them in a snack bowl.
Healthy Protein Choice: Shaklee Life Energizing Shake
New delicious meal shake contains nutrients clinically proven to help create the foundation for a longer, healthier life. It is designed to increase your energy, help you achieve a healthier weight, and provide incredible digestive and immune support from fiber and probiotics.
The Shaklee Life Energizing Shake Mix comes packed with:
- 24 grams* of protein, including 16 grams of plant-based, non-GMO protein
- Added leucine to help preserve lean muscle and achieve a healthier weight
- A powerful combination of prebiotics and one billion CFU of patented probiotics
- Omega-3 (ALA) to support heart and brain health
…more health you’re looking for in a shake:
- Gluten free, lactose free, low glycemic, and Kosher
- Contains no added artificial flavors, sweeteners or preservatives
* When prepared as directed with 1 cup of nonfat milk.
Available in soy and non-soy formulas
It’s called “energizing” for a reason! Buy now Shaklee Life Energizing Shake